Pages

Sunday 2 October 2011

Sunday blues

It's raining outside and I've a cuppa joe and not-my-cat for company. Oh, and some yarn too. :)

 200g of Wildcraft BFL/silk in "Scottish Seaside": spun semi-woolen, without splitting the top (for looong colour repeats), into a 2ply fingering weight.
100g Pigeonroof Studios Merino/soysilk in "Glade": spun from handcarded batts into a fulled single.
 Another Wildcraft, this time BFL in "Owl Shades": spun semi-woolen and 3plied to aran weight.
 Spunky Eclectic BFL in "Thermograph": split the top four times lengthwise, chain-plied to fingering weight.
 Another Wildcraft, English Wool Blend in "Citrus": spun into a worsted, laceweight single with no splitting to preserve the gradient dyeing effect.
And on the needles is an Elijah from handspun 3ply merino, from Wildcraft in "Buttercups". I carded 200g of different lots of merino into batts, for uniformity, and spun from there.

Lots more on the needles and on the bobbins. But no time for photographs - I'm getting ever-more insistent furry headbutts, which probably means I must go tend to my feline overlord. Or else.

Le sigh.

Maggie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment